Instant Pot Black Beans
Black beans are a staple in many cuisines around the world and are a great source of protein, fiber, and other essential nutrients. Cooking black beans in an Instant Pot is a quick and easy way to prepare them, and adding spices to the mix can take the flavor to the next level. In this post, we’ll share a simple recipe for cooking black beans with spices in an Instant Pot, so you can enjoy this delicious and nutritious legume in a variety of dishes. Whether you’re making a hearty bean soup, a flavorful bean salad, or a filling bean burrito, these Instant Pot black beans with spices are sure to add a delicious kick to your meal.
- 1 pound of dried black beans, soaked overnight and drained
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon of cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon of smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon of dried oregano
- 4 cups of water or vegetable broth
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place the soaked and drained black beans in the Instant Pot along with the chopped onion, minced garlic, cumin powder, smoked paprika, dried oregano, salt, and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Add the 4 cups of water or vegetable broth to the Instant Pot and give everything a good stir.
- Close the Instant Pot lid and set the valve to the sealing position.
- Cook on high pressure for 15-20 minutes, depending on how soft you like your beans. If you prefer firmer beans, cook for 15 minutes, and for softer beans, cook for 20 minutes.
- Once the cooking time is up, allow the pressure to naturally release for 10 minutes before quick releasing any remaining pressure.
- Once the pressure has fully released, carefully open the Instant Pot lid and give the beans a stir.
- Serve the black beans as desired, garnished with your favorite toppings such as chopped fresh cilantro, diced avocado, lime wedges, or shredded cheese.
By soaking the beans beforehand, you can significantly reduce the cooking time in the Instant Pot while still achieving tender and flavorful black beans. Enjoy!
Note: This is entirely AI generated